Recognizing YULA’s rich and vibrant history, the Board of Directors of YULA Boys has been committed to preparing YULA for the future. Led by a comprehensive and Strategic Plan, YULA embarked upon an ambitious initiative: the YULA Campus Completion Project. A major facilities expansion, started to meet the needs of future generations of young men and their families, is complete, or is it
The $15 million campaign was by far the largest YULA has undertaken and has pushed us to fulfill our mission of providing the highest level of academic success, in both Judaic and General Studies, to all young men who enter our doors.
The campaign raised funds in support of the following expansions:
- A central plaza connecting the wings and creating a central hub for numerous school activities.
- A 9,000 s.f. state of the art gym with bleacher seating for 400 during athletic events and 700 for auditorium use.
- A 1,500 s.f. collaborative learning center to accommodate the ever changing educational landscape in a modern and unique setting.
- A 1,700 s.f. experiential learning wing with innovation lab and robotics lab.
- A 500 s.f. art studio overlooking the courtyard terrace.
- Three new classrooms totaling 1,600 s.f. to accommodate a growing student body.
- The financing for the Campus Completion Project was secured through California United Bank allowing groundbreaking to commence in November 2016. Almost $10 million had already been pledged to the campaign at that point. The additional $5 million for the project was raised over 18 months in the form of major gifts.
The unwavering commitment of YULA’s stakeholders ensured that our School remained competitive and able to fulfill our mission of instilling within our students a love for Hashem, the study and practice of Torah and an appreciation for Am Yisrael and Medinat Yisrael, while affording them an opportunity to excel in the study of the sciences and humanities, all within a uniquely nurturing environment that fosters a close and supportive relationship among students and faculty. The fruits of this vision have been apparent: students who learn to achieve at their highest potential, who have the opportunity to continue their education at prestigious yeshivot in Israel and universities in the United States, and who have developed into the strong, morally-based leaders of tomorrow.
This vision laid out for YULA BOYS HIGH SCHOOL and the Campus Completion Project has resulted in a high-quality facility that enables us to educate generations of students to come. This was an ambitious undertaking for YULA, and its success is thanks to the leadership of YULA’s alumni, parents, friends and the larger community who believed in us.